Monday, January 31, 2011

This Day

Today was... amusing. I started the day composing a blog post in my head which disappeared about noon. At least a computer would have saved it.

I dropped my stainless steel water bottle in the library on the hard floor so the sound of it dropping and rolling reverberated up to the third floor. Oops! Thankfully, the librarians don't shush on the first floor.

In my first class, the principal from one of our partner schools was visiting. She was on call though from the school as she had a 2nd grader pummel her this morning (mom and the school psychologist were involved in the situataion) but she was going to be needed back soon. She's a really awesome principal with some great strategies and believes in her teachers! I'm looking forward to when she comes back just for in the trenches story day. She was there today to explain how her school was working to fulfill No Child Left Behind.

I discovered that my physics professor left our final exams in a box in the hallway during break for us to pick up but the box has gone missing and with it my exam! Not happy about that! Other than my work and amazing grade ;) there isn't much information to be gleaned but still...

I need to give a 3 minute speech this week on a current event for my touchy feely argumentation class. You mean I have to be nice and argue at the same time? ;)

Next week, I get to teach a 30 minute section of my history of education class. My topic? The Blue Back Speller, McGuffey Readers, Horn books and New England Primer as a source of stability/standards in education! I'm loosely affiliated with the Noah Webster group. I'm actually really excited about this but nervous about getting the research done in time. Especially since my first teaching test is Saturday!!! I grew up reading the McGuffey Readers (the fourth one is my favorite). I'm such a book nerd!

Once next week is over, I should be able to breathe a little more but until then:
LIVE as Jesus would
LAUGH just because
LOVE like God commanded us

No comments: