Saturday, January 8, 2011

Odd happenings

I promised (hinted) before leaving for the land of Spare Oom that I would share the not so quiet night before leaving to come home.

That night, I went to bed around 11:00 (so much for that routine) and dropped off about midnight. At 2:30 a.m., one of my roommates came into the house talking on her cell phone. After going in and out of her room a couple times, she settled in and the house was quiet again.

At 5:30, I was wakened by the sound of someone (male) banging on our front door and calling loudly "RAAAYBEEEE!" I waited a little bit thinking someone knew this person was coming and was expecting him. No one answered the door and he kept calling out: "RAAAYYBEEE! I'm heerre RAAYBBEE!" Then he tried the door knob! Don't worry, we keep our doors locked.

At this point, I became my mother when we disturb her sleep; I poked my head out my door (I can see the window out onto the porch from my door so I could see a young man with a backpack standing at the door) and said, "Excuse me, but some people are trying to sleep around here"! You have to say it in a very short, clipped, firm manner to get the full effect. He bent to peer in the window (which was open, thus he could hear me) and apologized while asking if Ray lived here. My response: "Unfortunately, he does not!" Once again in a short, clipped and now slightly exasperated manner. He apologized again and left. I went and closed the window, dropped the blinds all the way and double checked the door.

It was such a weird experience. I'm just so thankful it turned out the way it did. I actually find it funny and laughable! I wonder if he found RAYYBEEE!

P.S. I know I haven't posted pictures from my garden lately but I was a little embarrassed as my easy to grow, never had trouble before, beautiful peas have died off or are in the process of dying. I don't know what happened exactly but I've never had trouble with gardening and to admit failure doesn't come easy to me. My garden also is looking neglected as finals and going home left them a little abandoned. Pics will come "soon". ;)

No comments: