Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Car

My car celebrated it's 23rd year on the road as of January. I was two that year but I didn't meet the Blue Buckaroo until 7 years ago. We've celebrated in a grand style... with a trip to our favorite repair shop! I was hoping the birthday visit would just be a quick, cheap (haha) fix. Knowing my car, I had a slight hope that the problem would disappear when we pulled in like the random temperature gauge fluctuations that never seems to show up at the repair shop.

No such luck.

My car has other special "features" too. Ever seen the Bill Nye: The Science Guy grass car?
It looked something like this:

Photo curtesy of: http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2548389&page=2

Well, my car likes that look! Only on the inside...

Every winter, the wheel well in the trunk becomes Lake Sparetire. When the car warms in the sun, the water condenses on the trunk roof and then it "rains".

Yes, ladies and gentlemen there you have it... the complete water cycle! TADA!

I could grow a tropical rain forest if I had lights back there.

For a while, I had a waterfall feature in the front seat passenger side: courtesy of the sunroof. My sister still ducks when she gets in the car during rainy weather.

This winter, I had a marsh spring up on the driver's side front and back carpets. I'm thinking at this rate, I should look into rice farming. Or at the very least, growing sprouts in there.

My car: the new urban growing space!?!

1 comment:

mamajoyCarol said...

Cute blog! Have you checked all those rubber seals on the trunk and around windows?
Where there's moisture there could be mold...not good for respiratory systems.
Take care.