Friday, September 16, 2011

I write down little sentences each day... ideas for a post... yet I can never get the full idea onto the page. I'd love to write something contemplative or pithy.  I'd even settle for humorous.  Instead, I have word snapshots of the last couple weeks floating through my head.

My dad using the word loamy in a sentence...  "Wow, this soil is loamy"  To which I expressed my approval and surprise that mom's green thumbness was rubbing off on him.

Working on a building project that initially made our high school built homes in Mexico look like they were built to code.

Yellow sticky insect traps in trees as reminders of God's faithfulness.  Even as careful as I was about saving enough money for school, if I hadn't worked at the county agriculture department, school would have been a lot more challenging.

Learning about home birth in my human development course.  It was intriguing to hear the differences between home and hospital, and reasons why someone would choose to have her baby at home.

Having an awesome kick off for the Christian club on campus.  We packed out the room and had standing room only!

I tried something new this semester.  I love it now.  I just wish that I would let myself learn.  I tend to want to do something right the first time which makes learning a new skill difficult.

Joking with friends before class about the abysmal lack of men in our classes, only to have a guy walk in later (looking for another class) and remark (while looking at the 30 girls), "Wow, I really like this class. Really like this class!"  The teacher asked what class he was looking for.... "Human sexuality."  Yeah guys, looking for girls?  Try Liberal Studies... We average 10 girls to every guy.  With odds like that... ;)

Taking time to hang out with a friend, meet new people, relax and watch rugby.  I have to say, rugby is way more fun than football.

I wish I had something more cohesive but I'd rather have an updated blog for my friends and family than leave you all wondering what's happening...   Not that I'm sure anyone outside of my family checks regularly but I've got to keep up appearances, you know
 

No comments: