Saturday, October 23, 2010

Saturday!

So after 6+hours of staring at the computer screen yesterday, working on the research paper, I could close my eyes and the lines of print never went away... So I took a break of being on the computer and relaxed.

My body, however, had different plans for this morning. So instead of sleeping in, I was up at 5:00 and by 6:30, I had made flashcards, breakfasted, showered and was off to participate in a cause walk. I wasn't planning on going but I said that if I woke up in time, I would go...

Famous last words...

But, the walk was awesome... Well, maybe not the walk part since it was a bit anticlimactic but the memories we made! Driving with friends, singing along to songs, going to this cute little zoo, playing on the playground, In N Out and getting lost while trying to go home.

The oddest part:
being told by an automated voice that loitering (in the park) was prohibited and our pictures were being sent to the police department. Hmm... What do people do in parks other than loiter? And FYI, we were walking. Not stopping, just walking. Well, the police department now has great pics of our awesome orange and white homemade shirts.

My favorite part: calling my mom for directions on the way home. I told her that I was with friends and we went on an adventure and got lost. She asked me where I was. I told her ___ city (~ 2hrs away) which then spawned the rest of the people in the car to suggest other alternatives such as the following:

  • Hey Mom, I went for a drive... Why do all the license plates say Wyoming?
  • Hey Mom, there's this border crossing thing and all the agents are wearing red with funny hats...
  • Hey Mom, I went for a walk and now I see this sign: where's Ca-nad-a?

More posts forthcoming... stay tuned!

No comments: