Monday, October 4, 2010

Life...


The weather is wonderful here! It's been gray and windy and cloudy and yes, I know that doesn't sound like great weather to most people... Call me crazy but this weather is invigorating. Plus, when it gets too cold to be outside, tea time!

The sad part of the change in weather is that everyone is getting sick! At least one person in each of my classes today was coughing and hacking. In two cases, they were seated next to me. Yeah, could you breathe in that direction. Thanks.

In my physics class, my professor was sick and he lectures right next to my desk... Don't breathe. Don't breathe. But he is an awesome teacher. He matches my Environmental Science teacher at DA for enthusiasm and energy (and that is a feat).

We've played with levers and used physics to set up pulley systems 10ft up without using ladders and not breaking windows. We've had class outside, built roller coasters and made carts. He's borrowed my pencils and pens to demonstrate the force of gravity and stapled my notebook to show that a stapler could be two types of lever. I just want to video tape the lectures so badly. He is so much fun to watch! He also is a botanist (and fire-ecologist) so he uses botanical names for plants! Sigh :) When I visited during office hours, he had a poinsettia "blooming" on his desk!

Every time I look up: there's God's handiwork in the most amazing clouds.
Get ready for a cloud post!

No comments: