Friday, October 8, 2010

In Unexpected Places...

In the midst of my errands today, I stopped at the library to drop off a couple of books and walked in...

That was a mistake; because after all, I was in a hurry to get back studying. cough, cough, ahem. So I just thought I would pop in and see what was of interest... I would be quick after all. At this point my family would be laughing because quick at the library for me is under 30 minutes but that's another story!

The library has a wonderful small selection of DVD's that I love to browse but try not to borrow since I don't need yet another distraction. I pulled the newest version of Mansfield Park off the shelf (I was feeling a little austentatious). The woman next to me, exclaimed "Oh, that's a good one! Do you like Jane Austen too?" I smiled and said yes and we started to compare notes on movies. We ended up talking about Jane Eyre and she had just watched the 2006 version. (A beautiful movie with a rather modern interpretation in my opinion.) I shared that my favorite Jane Eyre movie was the Timothy Dalton version which while not visual exciting is very true to the book and very well acted. She asked "Is this it?" and sure enough she had checked it out. She was also checking out my favorite version of Emma (with Kate Beckinsale). It was so nice to meet someone with similar tastes in movies; I was so glad I went in.

Anne calls them kindred spirits or as Miss Cornelia says "the race that knows Joseph". Sometimes I find them among other Christians, homeschoolers, 4hers, plant nerds or students. Or at the library. Where is an unexpected place you've found a kindred spirit?

No comments: