Saturday, September 27, 2008

Today was a bit odd, I was shopping for shoes (and if I was lucky a new blouse) for a wedding. I didn't find either item but I found a pair of slacks! And some old friends... It was wonderful to see them as they've been gone a year but it was awkward. It is so disappointing to see friends and to see that in some way one or both of you have changed. It seems to be happening more and more often now. Sometimes you grow apart, grow up or circumstances change.

As I grow older, things change. Friends make new friends. Friends meet that special someone. Friends get married. Friends have the most beautiful babies. :) As interests change, it takes more work to keep a friendship. Sometimes it works, but it takes both friends to make it work.
Honestly, I'm not the always the best person at keeping regular contact. I get busy and friendships start to slide. But it hurts to discover a good friend is no longer a friend. Sometimes, you try hard to keep a friendship but you can't and that hurts worse.

I've found when I realize my circle of friends has shrunk, that I have someone who is always with me and is the greatest Friend of all. And because of Him, I know that I will see some of my friends in heaven. But I pray that I'll see them all.

No comments: