Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Fall

I love fall. I love all the seasons while they are here. I love the anticipation of a new season. Each season has it's own merits for being loved. Fall is a passionate season, full of flame, bright color and high contrasts. But it's also a season of thankfulness and harvest.

On Monday, I was quite grumpy. You see, I had to drive to work in traffic and I knew it would take me an hour to go 20 miles. Never mind the fact it takes me an hour to drive to work even with my carpool buddy! I was consciously trying to change my attitude as I headed for the metering light. Thinking of things to be thankful for, like my car, the trees, the overcast morning when I saw a golden, orange and red flame! It was the first tree I had noticed with it's fall color! All the other trees were still green but here was this Chinese Pistashe in it's varying colors.
Such a joyful tree as it glowed against the gray sky. It was a light that somewhere deep inside changed my outlook on the day. What little things does God put in your path to make you smile?

No comments: