Thursday, April 21, 2011

Week in review

Freedom. It's a wonderful feeling. I was tied to my computer for about a week trying desperately to finish my papers in time. I saw way too many 1 am mornings for my liking. The historical literature review was due on Friday. The public policy outline was due Tuesday morning. Both made it in on time and pretty much complete. The outline was ~ 19 pages without the reference pages before I double spaced it. I think it was the longest document I've completed but I still have to put it into paragraph form and present my policy to the class. I'm taking eighteen units, all upper division. I didn't think that 18 units would be that much different than 17 units last semester but I was wrong. I was so panicky last Tuesday and Wednesday trying to get started on the papers. I honestly don't know how it all was finished. It was a definite God thing. I appreciated the prayers of family and friends; thank you.

My history class last night was let out early with instructions to spend a half hour outside. I took my reading for the week and sat out behind the library. There's an odd dichotomy behind the library of nature and progress. We don't have a lot of manicured lawn here because of burrowing creatures. The main quad, the campus center and behind the library are the few places with lawn. I sat on the edge of the manicured landscape looking out into the meadow and realized there is a beautiful view. Clouds rolled overhead, yet I could see sunlight in the distance behind them.

Sometimes being on campus is a bit like the Wild America tapes we used to watch when I was little. Spotting a coyote hunting behind the greenhouses, watching hawks hunt, finding a frog during an Easter egg hunt, cottontail rabbits hopping across your path. I never know what to expect.

No comments: