Thursday, April 28, 2011

Brace yourself...

Just a few weeks of school left. I wonder at time, how it can move so slowly yet fly so quickly. This morning feels like ages ago yet last month feels like yesterday.

Now is the time to prepare projects, presentations and final notes. I have two presentations coming up this week. The Spanish presentation is on Tuesday. Profesora M. announced the presentation days today. No surprise that the Thursday slots were filled by the time it reached our table. I have no clue what to present with my partner. It's only five minutes but I would like to be prepared. My upper division writing class has us presenting our public policy papers over the next few weeks. I was asked to go on Wednesday since my paper is pretty much done.

My linguistics project stalled back around spring break when I was still juggling other projects and that one seemed safe to drop. Well, I've picked it back up and now I'm scared. This should be fun though. I have to chose a non-native English speaker and analyze their speech patterns. Of course I tend to write phonemicly in British English while speaking like an American. Maybe I watch a little too much British tv/movies... maybe... ;)

I think there's more projects coming too. I have something due for California History but I think it's almost complete since I've been working on pieces since the beginning of the semester. I have an interview with la profesora for Spanish in two weeks? Maybe? I have one traditional essay style final but that's about it.

This is more of a "to do" list than a blog post but it's the best I can do right now. If anything, this will help explain my silence over the next few days (weeks). :P There are moments where I wish for a more "normal" life that isn't filled with periods of high stress, big projects, expectations and lots of people. But that is life. Even before I started University, those elements were a part of my life. Now, they're just magnified, condensed and I have less control. So like a bird, I adjust to the change in pressure and try to ride the currents. I may not move forward but I'm still in the air. I'm flying!

No comments: