Wednesday, February 16, 2011

One Year

God,

It's been one year since you turned my life upside down. You took my dreams and said you had something better. Left me wondering what my next step was.
I was comfortable; You changed that.
I had to depend on you.
Really depend.
My heart hurt. I felt betrayed.
Why me? Was something wrong with me?
Instead I was given a new life. New challenges.

My dreams are still befuddled. I'm not sure what to dream or if it's even safe yet. I know your dreams are better but I keep trying to peek around the bend to see what's next.
I thank you for this year.
You've given me a richer life than I hoped for.
It still hurts sometimes when I think about what I'm missing:
the people, the happenings, the changes, the growth.

But you've promised something better.
I'm trusting and waiting for your timing and wisdom to be revealed.

Soli Deo Gloria

1 comment:

Paul said...

i'm sure many can relate

old dreams fade - new dreams come into focus

becoming aware of God's plan
to give us what we really
want

before we had a clue