Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Spare Rooms

Anne considered them a thrill and an honor, a certain faun referred to it as the land of Spare Oom and I am currently residing in the one at my grandmother's house. I'm on a brief holiday from school; however, my family doesn't have a spare bed so I'm in the "front" (spare) bedroom.

I'm enjoying the holiday and I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. I have so much that I'm thankful for this year. Being at my grandmother's is a blessing and I'm enjoying my time with her and my family. I've also enjoyed visiting my church family! On Tuesday, I finished my volunteer work with my 4th grade class and we had a delightful class party.

One of the best parts of being home has been the delightful fall weather and colorful leaves. The trees at the University are evergreen and the few deciduous liquidambar trees have been holding onto their green leaves. I've had some long talks with them about fall and changing colors etc. Coming home has felt wonderful with cold and wet weather. The trees are decked out in the most gorgeous display and it finally feels like fall!


However, I don't have internet in the land of Spare Oom so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to post until next week. I also have several papers, projects and assorted assignments due when I get back so it may be awhile before I post words. I will post some pictures though!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you enjoy your time at Gramma's. Its a glorious place to spend time. You can feel the family memories and love ooze out of those rooms. Send her our love if you get internet while you are there and can read this : ) Kylie & Jim