Sunday, August 21, 2011

My heart is a bit heavy...

I want to step into a messy situation and make things right. I want to rescue the child caught in the middle. I want people to act like reasonable adults. I want to make everything better.

My heart breaks because there is no easy way to fix things. It breaks because even with the good intentions, I cannot make everything better. And I can only help those who want to be helped.

Instead, I cannot stay. The situation is transient and in a few weeks, the people involved will be in distant places. I must return to complete the work I've been given by the Lord. So I'm left to pray and encourage people to act in the best interests of the child. I'm reminding myself to trust that God has a plan and he can make the impossible into the possible. My heart is so very heavy.

Please pray for the situation. It's difficult and heartbreaking but the child is safe and loved.

No comments: