Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Holidays

There's something wonderful about being home with family. Yesterday was filled with catching up with my family and just being a part of their life. I deadheaded roses and pulled weeds. I ran errands for people. I got caught up on the last few weeks of my sister's life. She's getting ready to go away to college and I wonder how much longer we'll have these face to face sister chats. My brother and I got to play around on the piano together. He always amazes me with his knowledge and skill in drums and piano. He actually talks to me and I love to hear what's going on in my philosophical brother's head. My aunt is visiting over at my grandmother's for a few weeks. Grandma's almost ninety but she and Aunt L. are like teenage girls on a sleepover. They were up past midnight chatting and dare I say giggling?

I'm trying to savor this holiday of sorts since I have jury duty next week. Then, it's back to the university for work. I got a full time summer position on campus so I'll be busy.

No comments: