Sunday, May 23, 2010

Things I've learned...

Things I've learned from my new job as an agricultural assistant:

  • That numb feeling in my lips? Sunburn.
  • Your hair looks lighter as your skin gets darker.
  • Don't hit the clutch in the county vehicle; it's not there.
  • Don't forget the clutch when you get back in your own car.
  • I now understand how the pioneers felt walking all day everyday.
  • Parking a Porsche under a sticky trap; not a good idea.
  • People go out in the oddest states: no shirts (men only, thank goodness), old fashioned pajamas or smoking an old fashioned pipe while shirtless and driving a red scooter.
  • College textbooks can be used as a platform for changing a tire.
Of all of the unusual and interesting things I've discovered at my new job, the best is that I really enjoy my work and am really blessed by it. You can't ask for more than that!

No comments: