Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pictures

This is something I'm going to miss this year:






Walking through the orchard on my way to the library from campus.
I'm going back in spring to dance under the blossoms.
Libraries have always been an escape.
At D.A., I could look out into the trees and forget that 26,000 students
roamed beneath me on a city campus.
At W.V., the walk to the library itself was an escape.
At the next stop on the college map, the campus is a city one smack in the heart of a sprawling city but there is a library. One so big you can get lost in it.
And so in some small way that may compensate for the cityness of it all.
But it can't replace the walk though the old orchard.

1 comment:

Andrew Clarke said...

Hi Lora. I like country living, too. I'm also a Christian. My blog is http://threeswans.blogspot.com if you feel like visiting and commenting. If you like reading, may I suggest a Christian novel to try? "Outcasts Of Skagaray" can be previewed on www.threeswans.com.au
It would be a joy if you read and enjoyed it, but in any case I greet you in the Lord. Blessings.